Thursday, November 21, 2019

PICK OF THE WEEK: Shampoo Bars

Shampoo Bars

Every now and then, a product comes along that just...clicks. And for shampoo bars, their time has come. When you stop and think about it, shampoo in the form of a bar makes perfect sense. We as  citizens of Earth need to cut down on our plastic consumption. This tiny bar replaces more than a few plastic bottles. I was immediately sold on the idea - for the rest of my family.

But ME? My hair is fine and some additives weigh it down. It is senior citizen hair, it needs tender, loving, gentle care. And this lovely blonde shade needs protection.

I bought a few shampoo bars at a terrific little soap shop called Madison de Savon in Hermitage, Pennsylvania. I bought a conditioner bar and a few other items. I particularly loved the Shower Steamer in lemon. It infused my shower with the loveliest, most invigorating lemon scent imaginable.

So one morning in a rush I grabbed the shampoo bar my sweet husband had been raving about and was pleasantly surprised at the scent and the small amount needs to produce a nice lather. I was not prepared for the deep shine and manageability my hair took on when dry. 

Fast forward a few days. I was completely hooked. No more shampoo bottles vying for my attention on the tiny shower shelf. And gone were the days of trying to open the bottle in the shower with wet hands or dropping it on the shower stall floor.

I bought shampoo bars for my friends and family. I was all too happy to announce it was the shampoo bar when someone told me they liked my hair. 

We both have short hair and got about eighty shampoos from one tiny round bar. The conditioner bar is still going strong from my initial purchase in September. I highly recommend you try a shampoo bar. This little shop in Hermitage, Maison de Savon,  also has an online catalog.


Maison de Savon:




Pinterest:

No comments:

Post a Comment