Wednesday, November 6, 2019

POETRY: It Doesn't Matter by Olga Cantu







Olga Cantu was born in Monterey, Mexico. She pursued her bachelors degree in Computer Systems Management and masters degree in Education and Agricultural Administration at the El Tecnológico de Monterey, Mexico


She moved to Houston, Texas in 2003. Olga became a state certified teacher for Hispanic children in Houston, Texas, where she still teaches.


In her spare time, Olga writes beautiful poetry. It's hard enough to write poetry in English if English is your native language. To write poetry in your second language is even more difficult.
Olga has graciously agreed to share one of her poems with us. 



It Doesn't Matter

It doesn’t matter
if I am not in your agenda
for the holidays,
neither for the weekends.
It doesn’t matter
if we are not together
maybe not even the whole world
could sustain this Love.
It doesn’t matter
if your preference 
goes in different direction
than my expression.
It doesn’t matter
if giving you my name
is not for you something to celebrate
It doesn’t matter.
It doesn’t matter
if you don’t belong to me,
any way
I find you often in my dreams.
It doesn’t matter
if you don’t want my lips to go
all over your skin.
It doesn’t matter
you don’t know, you are the reason
I chase a poem
all the way to the holy altar
where I give up
not my love but my hope.
It doesn’t matter
if usually, you do not reply.
Peace from above
to my heart has come.

                   - Olga Cantu
                           October, 2014

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations Olguita because you are a really talented girl, with amazing creativity and a blessed soul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorena, I appreciate your words.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful poem,thanks for sharing. Olga has beautiful sensibility that touches hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Olga, for sharing your lovely, heartfelt work with us. I think we will be hearing more about you and your poetry in the future. We at Vision and Verse wish you success in all your endeavors.
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mi querido amiga, tu poesía es hermosa. Habla desde tu corazón al alma del lector. Es maravilloso ver tu trabajo aquí para que todos lo disfruten. Le deseamos todo lo mejor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Parker! You can see beauty because your work vibrates in beauty!

      Delete