Wednesday, March 4, 2020

INTERVIEW: Spiritual and Inspirational Author Connie Howell



Connie Howell
Blue Mountains
NSW
Australia

Good morning, Connie, and welcome to Vision and Verse. I know this is a sad time for Australia. Please know you are all in our thoughts and prayers. On a lighter note, tell me a little about what you've written.
I have written five books all of which are non-fiction and based on my life experience. 

They are titled:
Perfectly Imperfect, How to be imperfect and remain lovable, Walking Between Two Worlds, from the known to the unknown,
Lifting the Veil, raising consciousness,
Spirit Matters, Gateways to healing and higher dimensions 
and, a tiny e-book called Portable Snippets of Wisdom. 
I also write poetry.


What is your favorite genre to write?
I only write non-fiction

Favorite food.
Anything sweet.


Tea or coffee?
I was born and raised in England so am a tea drinker but I do enjoy a cappuccino when I am out and about.


Pizza or ice cream?
Occasionally both


Wine or beer?
I don’t drink so neither.


Where would you like to visit?
I have travelled to some amazing places but Canada is on my list of want to visit.


Canada has some of the most amazing vistas! For me, a trip to Canada is visit to a kinder, gentler time. Favorites are Vancouver, Nova Scotia, North Bay.  Who is your favorite musical artist?
I grew up in the sixties so love the music from around that era still. My favourites are the Beatles and the Bee Gees. I love a good sing along to songs that I can understand the words to.


Do you listen to music when you write?
I don’t listen to music while I write, I find it too distracting.


What makes you laugh?
I adore laughter and love a good belly laugh, so funny movies or sketches really appeal to me. I love the British sense of humour.


Favorite work of art or sculpture. 
I was fortunate enough to travel to Europe with my husband in 2014 and when in Venice I saw the statue of David which totally captivated me as did the architecture of Rome.


How old were you when you started writing?
I started writing in senior school as part of English class exercises and I found that I could write poetry with ease and use my imagination to write compositions about whatever popped into my head.


Do you plan out your book with outlines and notecards? Or just write?
I just write but I usually write long hand before typing it onto the computer. I get a sentence or an idea then write it down and take it from there.


Describe your perfect evening. 
Sitting at home with my husband watching a good movie or tv series.


Where do you get your inspiration?
My inspiration comes from my life experience and my curiosity.
  
                                                            
What do you do when you get a writer's block?
I have months where I don’t do any writing at all. My way of writing is to write when the thoughts and ideas come to me, meanwhile I do other things.
 

Who is your favorite author?
I have a few so it is hard to pick but I love Carolyn Myss. I mainly read non -fiction self-help/spirituality books which is also what I write about but I do love Ann Cleeves and the Vera series that she writes so amazingly.


Best book you ever read.
Again there are so many but Citizen Cane and The Lord of The Rings trilogy spring to mind.


Last book you read.
The Answer by Allan and Barbara Pease.


What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer? 
I would have loved to be an interior decorator. I love creating beautiful spaces.




Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?
There have been many wonderful cutting edge teachers that have influenced me in the field of spiritual awakening and knowing my inner self but I would pick my husband as the most influential as he supports my work and encourages me to be the best I can be and do what I love to do.




If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
That is so hard for me to answer as I would have to have at least six or eight people that I would love to sit down and converse with but I would go with Dr. Joe Dispenza at the moment as he is one of many at the cutting edge of mind/body/spirituality.


What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer?
Go for it but do it your way. Each writer has a different way of connecting to their inspiration and imagination and I don’t believe in one way for all.


Do you have some linksfor us to follow you?


No comments:

Post a Comment