Thursday, January 14, 2021

ENTERTAINMENT : Watership Down on NETFLIX

 



I read this book a long time ago. It was a tender and yet scary story of society and survival told through the eyes of rabbits. I was afraid they would screw it up turning it into a movie. But they did not. And Peter Capaldi as Kehaar as the not so sensitive, but dependable in the end seagull is great comic relief. 

I owned a bunny after I reading this story so long ago. She was a purple lop-eared beauty. My friend Lynn and I got sibling bunnies. Lynn's bunny, Eddit Rabbit, remained a small, sweet handful of fur and warmth. My bunny, Lavendoe, gave me nothing but deep arm scratches. And she stretched across the driveway at fifteen+  pounds.

Now I know Italian girls like to feed people. And animals. It is one of my faults. But I swear to you, this was not my fault. She got rabbit food, lettuce, and a carrot on Sunday. Whatever else she was devouring was without my knowledge. 

I used to take her outside on a cat lease when we walked the dog.  She sat there. The dog would lick her and use her as a pillow, all without any reaction.

Lavendoe ended up on a farm in Cortland, where my friend Denise renamed her Smoky. She lived with other rabbits in the country and seemed to be much happier than living the city life with me.












VISIONANDVERSEDISCLAIMER:

Note:

Vision and Verse does not use cookies. We do not store any personal information like email addresses, home addresses, etc. We do not give any information to third parties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment