Wednesday, January 20, 2021

INTERVIEW:Poet and Paranormal Author A.G. Porter


 Amanda Porter, 

but I write under A.G. Porter

Alabama, USA


 

Good morning, Amanda, and welcome to Vision and Verse, the site for Art and Authors and the people who love them. What have you written? In 2012, I self-published my first YA Paranormal novel, The Shadow, the first in The Darkness Trilogy. The Forsaken and The Redeemed followed after that. Also, I have published two poetry collections, Pieces of My Heart and Pieces of My Soul.   


                                                  

 

What is your favorite genre to write? So far, I really enjoy Paranormal. I love all of the supernatural and spiritual aspects of the genre. I mainly focus on the YA subgenre. I don’t know if I’ll ever venture into Adult. I would love to write Fantasy one day. I have a Fantasy story that I have been working on for over 10 years!

 

Favorite food. 

Mexican Food! I am of Mexican descent so I love homemade tacos and tamales! 

 

Tea or coffee? 

Tea. I’m from the Southern part of the United States so sweet tea is a staple for most of my meals and anytime I just want something to drink. I should drink more water, but TEA!


 

Pizza or Ice Cream?

Ice Cream, cookie dough ice cream.


 

Wine or beer? 

Wine. I like the cheap fruity stuff. I could never be a wine connoisseur, I’m sure. I’m not that fancy. 


 

Where would you like to visit? 

Ireland. It has always held this magical place in my heart. Surely, even if you live in Ireland, you have to think that, right? It’s just so beautiful there is no way it wasn’t made with a little magic. 


 

Favorite musical artist. 

The Killers! They are Indie Rock and I have loved them since I was 17-years-old. I am so thankful they still make music!   

 


Do you listen to music when you write?

Oh, yes, it’s a must!  

What? 

It really depends on what I’m writing. I have a Spotify playlist and it has The Killers, Taylor Swift, Three Days Grace, Boyce Avenue, and just random songs that speak to me. 


 

What makes you laugh? 

My kids, my husband, even on days they drive me crazy, they always find a way to bring a smile to my face. 

 

This is an Art AND Author site, so I am obligated to ask:

Favorite work of art or sculpture. 

Oh, wow, I’m not sure about this one. Probably something by Monet. I like how from far away his pieces look so put together and then close up, it’s kind of all over the place.                            

 

 

How old were you when you started writing? 

I think I kind of always was writing something as soon as I could hold a pencil, but it was around 9th grade that I wanted to be taken seriously. 






 Do you plan out your book with outlines and notecards? Or just write? It really depends. Sometimes I start out a story in a journal or a notebook and sometimes I start one out on my laptop. I have become more of a plotter the longer I have been writing. 

 


Describe your perfect evening.

Really, just one with no plans and no obligations. 

 


Where do you get your inspiration? 

Mostly music, that’s why I listen to songs while I write. 


 


What do you do when you get a writer's block? 

Read or watch a movie. I want to step away from my own story and focus on another one. 

 

Who is your favorite author? 

There are so many. I have favorite authors in different genres. I love Dean Koontz as a Horror Author. Leigh Bardugo is an amazon YA Fantasy Author. Agatha Christie is my favorite Mystery Author. J.R.R. Tolkein is my favorite Fantasy Author.  

 


Best book you ever read.

To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee


 

Last book you read. 

The Warrior’s Call: Dragon Riders of Osnen Book 3 by Richard Fierce


 

What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer

I basically do it now. I make shirts, car decals, and other personalized vinyl collectables. It helps pay the bills since I am a stay-at-home Mom. 


 

Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?

My parents. They have sacrificed so much for my family and still do.

 

 

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?

They say don’t meet your heroes, but I’d really like to talk to Tolkien.



 



What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? 

Write what you love

 




Do you have some links for us to follow you?


Faceback Page: https://www.facebook.com/TDTAGP

Facebook Group: 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421756684770187

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/A-G-Porter/e/B00IQL0P2S/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1439314592&sr=8-1

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/agporterbooks/

Website: https://agporterbooks.wixsite.com/author?fbclid=IwAR0DRD6qcvzTfIeuv2zDkrbnA9DKZSQb0dVSAGj51lGghy1rmrqK0IpEUVg












VISIONANDVERSEDISCLAIMER:

Note:

Vision and Verse does not use cookies. We do not store any personal information like email addresses, home addresses, etc. We do not give any information to third parties. 

 

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment