Friday, February 5, 2021

BOOK: The Baslicato by Carol Ann Kauffman



When Dr. Brook Wilson agreed to take on celebrity Italian race car driver Jason Maxwell, known as "The Baslicato," as her patient, little did she realize their relationship would turn her calm, pleasant, well-ordered life upside down, sending her off on dangerous adventures in southern Italy and northern Ohio. As she prepares him for his big race, she must deal with his demented wife while driving her boyfriend, Dr, Garrett MacEgan into acts of criminal desperation in a attempt to hold on to her.
When tall, handsome British actor Richard MacKenzie wakes up in the hospital after an accident, he discovers he's a short Italian race car driver named Jason Maxwell, known as THE BASLICATO.


Amazon Buy Link: http://tinyurl.com/kd8ymgm



I've been asked about the title of this book a number of times. A number of people call it The Basilica, meaning a large church.
Basilicata is a province in southern Italy. It is close to my heart because my father was born there. A person from Basilicata is called a Basilicato, but the dialect pronunciation is more like 
Buzz-lee-god.  An i is missing from Baslicato in my title, but my editor thought it was easier to pronounce and not so confused with basilica, the church. 
 
Verified Purchase

I have read more than a couple of Carol Ann Kauffman's Time after Time novels as well as others written by this author. She really knows how to write twists and turns into all her novels! This one really had me glued to the pages.

Brook recognizes Richard even though he is now in the body of the famous race car drive known as the Baslicato--but does not really believe her intuition. She agrees to help him heal so that he can ultimately drive in a major race in Italy. What goes on---well I can't tell you without giving away the story---Will these lover's ever find each other in another time and have a happy ending?

I really never saw this ending coming and it had me in tears!

Any of Carol Ann Kauffman's novel are a must read in my opinion!


Verified Purchase

This is the second Time after Time book I have read and I will be reading more, I might have to read the actual first one next. Would recommend to anyone who wants a romance that is a bit different and without tons of smut.




VISIONANDVERSEDISCLAIMER:

Note:

Vision and Verse does not store any personal information like email addresses, home addresses, etc. We do not give any information to third parties. And cookies? We eat cookies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment