Wednesday, November 10, 2021

ENTERTAINMENT: Still Life, A Three Pines Mystery (Amazon Prime)



First let me say, I read the book before seeing the film. Maybe if I hadn’t, I would have liked the movie better. 

I love Nathaniel Parker. He is an outstanding actor. The location was beautiful. I liked the background music.

But all of the beautiful descriptions, the sounds, the smells, the layers of detail that Louise Penny put in the book to make the little town of Three Pines so special were missing in the film.

The characters’ ages were off. Best friends Joan and Clara had nothing in common. The artwork that was supposed to be so terrible wasn’t too bad at all. 

So, if you’ve read the book, skip this film. If you haven’t, go ahead and watch it. The scenery is lovely and so is Nathaniel Parker.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment