Thursday, January 27, 2022

ENTERTAINMENT: Being the Ricardos Amazon Prime)


Like everyone else in the 50's, I loved Lucy. More than that, I loved Lucille Ball. I remember seeing old movies on TV where Lucille starred in supporting roles as a blonde. She was an excellent serious actress. She was also an outstanding dancer. 

I was pleasantly surprised by Being the Ricardos. There were times in the film I forgot Nicole Kidman was playing the role of Lucille. She had the tone and delivery spot on. It showed Lucy as not only an outstanding actress, a smart businesswoman, and a woman in love with her husband.

As a child, their divorce shocked and disappointed me to the core.  It was up there with no Santa. I thought there were perfect together. This film brought home the funny lady's heartache.



  





 

No comments:

Post a Comment