Wednesday, March 9, 2022

INTERVIEW: Neo-Western Thriller Author Ryan Fleming

 Ryan Fleming

Belton, South Carolina

USA


 

Good morning, Ryan, and welcome to Vision and Verse. I hear you wrote a book. What have you written? 

Bloody Prairie 

 

What is your favorite genre to write? 

Neo-Western Thrillers

 

Neo-Western Thrillers are my favorite. Favorite food. 

Chicken wings

 

Tea or coffee? 

Neither, I’m a water drinker.

 

Pizza or ice cream? 

Ice cream 

 

Wine or beer or soda or what? 

Sparkling water

 

Where would you like to visit? 

Central Australia 

 

Favorite musical artist. 

Colter Wall





 

Do you listen to music when you write?  What? 

I listen to classic country and the alternate country that continues 

the tradition. 


What makes you laugh? 

Practical jokes

 

Favorite work of art or sculpture. 

Michelangelo’s sculpture of David

 

How old were you when you started writing? 

I believe I was eleven

 

Do you plan out your book with outlines and notecards? Or just write? 

I wish I could plan. I just write off the cuff.

 

Describe your perfect evening.

A campfire on a dry night in open country

 

Where do you get your inspiration? 

The last decade or so has seen the rise of the neowestern drama. I’m inspired by books, movies, and series such as Longmire, Justified, No Country for Old Men, Hell or High Water, and Yellowstone. 




 

What do you do when you get a writer's block? 

I simply have to wait and think. Some authors skip until they know what they want to happen, but that’s just not my bad.

 

Who is your favorite author? 

Frank Leslie

 

Best book you ever read?

The Road by Cormac McCarthy

 

Last book you read.

Raylan: a Novel by Elmore Leonard


What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer? 

Definitely a wrangler.

 

Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why? 

My grandfather with his stories of Vietnam

 

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why? 

Theodore Roosevelt. He lived the ultimate rugged American lifestyle. Big game hunter, cowboy, war hero, and soldier.


What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? 

To write, and to show instead of telling in their writing. It took me over a decade to actually develop this skill and I’m still not completely where I’d like to be 

 

Do you have some links for us to follow you?

 https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09FRB8C4S/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?ie=UTF8&qid=&sr=

 

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.fleming.9041083













VISION AND VERSE DISCLAIMER

Note:

Vision and Verse does not store any personal information like email addresses, home addresses, etc. We do not give any information to third parties. And cookies? We eat cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment