Thursday, July 14, 2022

ENTERTAINMENT: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (Paramount+)

Of all the Star Trek spin-offs, I like this one the best. I am old enough to remember when the original Star Trek with William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy aired. This one has that same flavor as the original.

Also, Strange New Worlds goes back to one adventure per episode. Yes, there may be subplots and recurring characters, but it’s not like Star Trek Discovery, where one theme lasts the entire season, like Find My Mama and I Got a Boyfriend.

Spock. I didn't want to like the new Spock. Ethan Peck. I fought it. But I like him, I really really like him. And then I read he is grandson of one of my all-time Old Hollywood Favorites: Gregory Peck. Ethan is a wonderful Spock and offers insights into the character. 

And then there’s Captain Christopher Pike. Anson Mount is a swoon worthy, swashbuckling, chance-taking, hunch-playing, high flying, handsome intergalactic leader. And the hair!!! Pike's Peak has it's own following. 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment