Thursday, October 13, 2022

ENTERTAINMENT: Julia (HBO Max)


Just what we need… Another Julia Child show. I cannot watch  Julia Child cook in the evening without becoming voraciously hungry. I don’t even like some of that stuff, but it looks sooooo good when she cooks, I can almost smell it. 

And I would be lying to you if I didn’t tell you the Dan Akroyd’s SNL blood and chicken skit comes to mind whenever somebody mentions Julia Child.

This film starts out a bit condescending. And Sarah Lancashire’s interpretation of Julia’s voice was a little bit grating at the beginning. But then David Hyde Pierce showed up as her husband, and Bebe Neuwirth as her friend Avis. So I persisted. 



And I am so glad we did. We soon were hooked on this HBO Max series. The writing is a cut above the rest. The characters are wonderfully written and acted. 

With all that’s going on in the world today, we sometimes forget what things were like for women in the ‘60s. It was still a man’s world. Gender and racial prejudices were prevalent.

Julia, the series, is warm-hearted, funny, and thought-provoking. 
Season One was wonderful. I hope they make a Season Two. 
If you get a chance, watch VISION AND VERSE DISCLAIMER

Note:










Vision and Verse does not store any personal information like email addresses, home addresses, etc. We do not give any information to third parties. And cookies? We eat cookies.




No comments:

Post a Comment