Thursday, March 23, 2023

TV TIME: Russian Doll (Netflix)


Okay, this is a time-loopy and really loopy series on Netflix that was recommended to me. I started to watch it a number of times. I lost interest. 

So one night I got bored. Nothing new to watch. I gave this nightmare of a cross between Groundhog Day and Looper another try. I found myself laughing. No, not like laughing at Saturday Night Live when it was still funny, but I found some humor in it. It was wildly inappropriate humor. I found myself laughing at her new and novel ways to die. Get it? 

Nadia’s life is caught up in the fact that her mother was mentally ill. It’s the night of Nadia’s thirty-sixth birthday and her friend throws her a bang-up birthday party. They have chicken and cake and some illicit party enhancers.There is an odd assortment of guests there.  She leaves her own birthday party to go looking for her missing cat, Oatmeal. She gets hit by a taxi in the street and dies.

And poof! She ends up back at her birthday party in the bathroom — alive. And it all starts again. 

If you have an open mind and some time on your hands, you might also enjoy Russian Doll.




 







VISION AND VERSE DISCLAIMER

Note:

Vision and Verse does not store any personal information like email addresses, home addresses, etc. We do not give any information to third parties. And cookies? We eat cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment