Thursday, April 13, 2023

A NOTE FROM CAROL: Ten Year Anniversary



April 13, 2013  Our Mission Statement

The mission of "Vision and Verse" is to familiarize our readers with our work, to share with them the inspiration we have found in interesting artists and authors along the way, to inspire our readers to explore their own avenues of creativity, to help them unlock their own creative abilities, and to see the beauty that surrounds them every day.

Well, here we are - 10 years later. I say "we" at Vision and Verse, but over the ten year period, the "we" has dwindle down to "me." I've lost a blog partner, an intern, and quite a few tech people along the way, all moving on to bigger and better things. I am happy to have been part of their journey towards growth and development.

Originally, Vision and Verse was a vehicle for Texas Collage Artist Parker Kaufman and me to familiarize our readers with our work, to showcase the interesting artists and authors we found along the way, and to help our readers see the beauty that surrounds them on a daily basis. Maybe that would that spark of latent creativity asleep in all of us. 

I've had to revamp our schedule many times, according to what was popular and also what’s available. I've added book review day and an entertainment day. I've had to remove our art posts that were image-driven because of blatant art theft and fear of fraudulent AI duplication.

Interviews are sometimes extremely difficult to get. Podcasts and video chats have taken over.

In this ten-year trek, I've met some fabulous authors and artists. Some I have grown to call friends.

I thank you for stopping by this simple and rather plain little website for the last ten years. I hope you've found at least one new artist or author that excites you or gives you a fresh way to look at life.

Fondly,
Carol
April 13, 2023







VISION AND VERSE DISCLAIMER

Note:

Vision and Verse does not store any personal information like email addresses, home addresses, etc. We do not give any information to third parties. And cookies? We eat cookies.











   

No comments:

Post a Comment