Wednesday, May 24, 2023

INTERVIEW: Fantasy and Mystery Author Alexis Anicque

 

Alexis Anicque

Houston, Texas 

USA

 

 

Good morning, Alexis, and welcome to Vision and Verse. Can you tell us a little about what you’ve written?

Women’s fantasy fiction series (really good for any age, clean, fun, and adventurous, but most of my readers are women age 30-60) including:

 

Finding Famous, Famous Destiny; The Monster in the Forest, and A Famous Christmas Memory; The Pumpkin Bread Recipe Fiasco

 

Murder Mystery romance:

From Money to Murder

 

Autobiographical, motivational story and my husband and myself moving on a sailboat.


 

Jump Before You Fall

            

 

What is your favorite genre to write?

Tough question, I guess it depends on my mood, haha.

 I am currently writing three books. Each is the next book, sequel or prequel to my three genres. 


 

Favorite food.

Pizza or Mexican


 

Tea or coffee?

Both

 


Pizza or ice cream?

Pizza


 

Wine or beer or soda or what?

A lot of factors go into my beverage choice, predominantly water, but socially, usually a beer or soda.


 

Where would you like to visit?

I’ve been to more than twenty countries, but there are so many more. I think my next wish list would include Iceland to see the Aurora Borealis, the northern lights.

 

I've always wanted to go there, too. I hear there are fantastic photographic tours in Iceland. I've seen some gorgeous photos. Favorite musical artist.  


I don’t have a specific favorite, I listen to almost all types of music, usually country in my car. Currently I’m listening to French artists Brice Conrad and Coeur De Pirate. 

 

Do you listen to music when you write?  

Sometimes music and sometimes the TV 

What?

Nothing specific, just need noise in the background.



What makes you laugh?

Usually a sitcom or comedic book

 


Favorite work of art or sculpture.

Vincent Van Gogh, A Starry Night

But I love his most of his paintings, there is something comforting about them.

 



How old were you when you started writing?

Around fifteen, so a long time ago   


 

Do you plan out your book with outlines and notecards? Or just write?

I am super random, I am actually more of a story teller so I make it up as I go.

 



Describe your perfect book ending.

Unexpected endings are my favorite. 



 

Where do you get your inspiration?

Most of my book include crazy travel, which is inspired by my travel.



 

What do you do when you get a writer's block?

Start talking, I am such a chatty gal, I start explain my story to anyone that will listen. I also read my story out loud with emphasis and in character or as a narrator.


 

Who is your favorite author?

Hmmm, tough question, probably C. S. Lewis, because The Chronicles of Narnia gave me my thirst to read.


 

Best book you ever read.

I don’t think I could answer this question. I love so many genres and for different reasons. I couldn’t possible select just one.

 

 

Last book you read?

Crazy enough it was mine, Finding Famous because I am writing the prequel to The Famous Adventure Series.


 

Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?

Definitely my husband, because he has ventured on every journey with me and been my biggest supporter in all the crazy that is me.


 


If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?

My brother Bryan, he died 19 years ago, I’d just love to catch him up on things.



 

What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer?


Perseverance is tough, it takes desire, dedication, and discipline. If it’s your dream then never give up.


 

Do you have some links for us to follow you?


Links:
· Amazon author link:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Alexis-Anicque/author/B01N7H5DCB?ref=ap_rdr&store_ref=ap_rdr&isDramIntegrated=true&shoppingPortalEnabled=true
· Goodreads author link:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/16159798.Alexis_Anicque

 

website

https://alexisanicque.com/

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/AlexisAnicque/

IG

https://www.instagram.com/alexisanic/

Twitter

https://twitter.com/Alexisanic

Linkedin

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexis-anicque-a5a932270/















VISION AND VERSE DISCLAIMER

Note:

Vision and Verse does not store any personal information like email addresses, home addresses, etc. We do not give any information to third parties. And cookies? We eat cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment