Wednesday, July 26, 2023

INTERVIEW: Canadian Self-Help Author Jenny Alexander


 Jenny Alexander

 Ontario, Canada

 



Good morning, Jenny, and welcome to Vision and Verse. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to interview with Vision and Verse. What have you written? 

Divorce Recovery Handbook: Effective Strategies for Healing and Stop Settling When it Comes to Love: Wise Dating Practices for Women


What is your favorite genre to write? 

Self-Help


Favorite food: 

Mexican


Tea or coffee? 

Decaf coffee & herbal tea


Pizza or ice cream? 

Too hard to choose.


Wine or beer or soda or what? 

Water and fizzy water.


Where would you like to visit? 

Nova Scotia to see family.


Favorite musical artist. 

Don’t really have a favorite. I do really like my husband’s original Christian songs.


Do you listen to music when you write? 

I generally need more of a quiet setting to write.


What makes you laugh? 

My husband and I laugh together a lot. My nieces also make me laugh.


Favorite work of art or sculpture. 

Van Gaugh/impressionistic paintings.


How old were you when you started writing? 

Age 9 or earlier.



Do you plan out your book with outlines and notecards? Or just write? 
I just write.


Describe your perfect evening. 

A cozy night at home with my husband.


Where do you get your inspiration? 

My own experiences.


What do you do when you get a writer's block? 

I try not to force it. I take a break.


Who is your favorite author? 

I like Francine Rivers writing but am not sure she is my favorite.


Best book you ever read. 

The Bible


Last book you read. 

Publish & Paid by Jasmine Womack.


What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer?

Something related to counseling.


Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?

My husband’s acceptance of me when we started dating helped me to accept myself.


If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why? 

My grandmother because I miss her and she would be so happy for my new marriage.


What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? 

Write and keep writing. Be consistent. Don’t give up.




Do you have some links for us to follow you?


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100088275428613

 

Instagram: awisewriter

 

YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTzP0NtpWVjfedVEi7GvYTw/


Book Link: Amazon.com: Jenny E. Alexander: Books, biography, log, audiobooks, Kindle

 

Website: Home | My Site (jennyalexanderbook.wixsite.com)




 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment