Monday, April 5, 2021

ART: The Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland, Ohio

The Cleveland Museum of Art in Cleveland, Ohio, is the crown jewel on Northeast Ohio. It is the beautiful, inspiring, ever-changing, and vibrant heart of the community.

Nestled on the Wade Oval Lagoon, the museum is gorgeous in every season. The Cleveland Museum of Art  was founded in 1913 as a public trust.  




ARTLENS Gallery is series of interactive displays and mobile apps allowing you to view and interact with the museum's vast digitized collection. ARTLENS is divided into four sections.


1. The ARTLENS Wall - a 40-foot display wall shows all the works displayed at the museum and some that aren't.

2. The ARTLENS Exhibition - a rotating collection of artworks with related games and activities to draw in the viewing audience.

3. The ARTLENS Studio - a series of digital studios where visitors can try their hand at creating their own artwork using the museum's collection as inspiration. 

4. The ARTLENS Mobile Application - a guide providing information on the museum itself and all of its artwork.

The Cleveland Museum of Art also conducts a series of films and public appearances relating to the Arts.   












 This statue is in my current Work-in-Progress called Raymond Layton, Man of Mystery. The two main characters in my story met in front of the Thinker. Here's a sneak peek. (Scene: Raymond is being interrogated by the bad guys.)

“As far as my wife, leave her alone. She knows nothing about all this. I met her at the  Cleveland Museum of Art in  ClevelandOhio, on Wade Park Oval on the east side of town.  She was fascinated by the 1916 cast of the Thinker by Auguste Rodin the entrance. I was fascinated by her.

 I walked up to her and said, “This is nice, but I’ve always preferred his ‘The Kiss’. And she said, ‘Well, I think I’ll stick with this one because I’ve spent much more time in my life thinking than kissing.’ And I said, ‘Oh, that’s too bad. Maybe we can fix that.’ She let out the sweetest giggle I ever heard. And I was hooked."








VISIONANDVERSEDISCLAIMER:

Note:

Vision and Verse does not store any personal information like email addresses, home addresses, etc. We do not give any information to third parties. And cookies? We eat cookies.



No comments:

Post a Comment