Thursday, April 8, 2021

ENTERTAINMENT: Lost in Space (Netflix)


 

My initial reaction was "Well, it's no June Lockhart-Guy Williams version of Lost in Space" but it was better than the movie. The cinematography, of course, is out of this world. The storylines are outrageously good. I liked the Robot immediately. It took me a long time to warm up to the new Maureen Robinson (mom) and John (dad), but I did. Don West (Ignacio Serricchio) and his pet chicken Debbie were marvelous from Day One. Parker Posey as Dr. Smith is devilishly bad. Maxwell Jenkin's version of Will Robinson was well acted, but he left me cold. He seemed to be mis-cast. The more episodes I watched, the more I came to love this flawed, wacky Robinson family, and by the end of Season Two, I was sad to hear there will be no Season Three. I hope "they" (grrr-rr) change their mind. 


Also I changed my mind on Will Robinson. Even though he was not the little blonde cutie I was looking for, Maxwell Jenkin's is one talented actor who did an amazing job. 

  





















VISIONANDVERSEDISCLAIMER:

Note:

Vision and Verse does not store any personal information like email addresses, home addresses, etc. We do not give any information to third parties. And cookies? We eat cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment